Many owners are unaware that like us humans, dogs require fellow canine blood donors to help keep up with the demand for blood to help save the lives of thousands of other dogs across Australia each year. From emergency blood transfusions to assist in surgery or cancer treatment, snake bites and parvovirus cases, to treating toxicities and anaemia or bleeding disorders such as hemophilia; the lives of up to three critically ill dogs can be saved from just one unit of blood donated. In this segment we meet Bella and her dog Roo who is a canine blood donor. We also meet Alou the gorgeous boxer whose life was saved through the donation of Roo’s blood.
- When to consider euthanasia for your petJune 16, 2019
- Are you putting your dog at risk of a stick injury?June 15, 2019
- Keeping your dog’s teeth free from gum diseaseJune 11, 2019
- Is it time to change the diet for your older dog?June 10, 2019
- Treating ‘Cherry Eye’ in dogs and catsJune 8, 2019